Thursday, March 6, 2014

Positivity

 Here is a link to my podcast: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2hKL6aQKgRcb0VTVlBXWGhPVjg/edit?usp=sharing

   There are many beliefs that I follow in life. I look at beliefs as if they were directions guiding you
to somewhere or some place. There is one main belief that struck me and made it out of the
ordinary from the others. I say this because I use this belief almost everyday,and it is really
useful. The belief I am talking about is to approach or do things with a positive mindset in order
for success.
   This belief of mine really has changed how I approach things in situations. I started to
acknowledge this belief around middle school. Even though around that time, life got more
serious since I started to get more mature, I acquired a new hobby. The new hobby was
skateboarding, and that's where I learned to use this belief. One day, I was trying to Ollie this big
drop but it was really intimidating because I've never tried a drop that tall before(6-7 feet).(An
Ollie is one of the first tricks you learn in skateboarding, you pop the tail, and drag your front foot
up causing a jump like effect.) My first attempt wasn't the prettiest; I kicked the board away from
underneath me. After that, my legs were shaky, and I was a little hesitant about trying to do it
again, since I thought I would hurt my foot. I just told myself at that point that "I got this",and I
ended up landing on the board and rolling away but falling off. To be honest, it was satisfying
even landing on it, and each attempt after that I got closer and closer until I finally landed it. In a
situation like that I couldn't have had a negative mindset because I would have doubted myself,
and I wouldn't have tried as hard. On the other hand, I wouldn't have landed that trick, but what
  I'm trying to say is if you're positive, the impossible can become possible.

4 comments:

  1. You are optimistic and it is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great belief to have. It can really help in many situations of discomfort or anxiety. You did a great job at making a connection to real life events where you put this belief into use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome way to think Reo. I think this belief could really help me in the way I do things also

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this belief, and what a great personal example! I share it too. I love watching Olympic athletes (and their profiles on t.v.) which always seem to underscore this same belief - that a positive attitude often results in a successful outcome. In fact, many athletes take it a step further and actually visualize the success they want before beginning the task at hand (have you tried this w/ your skateboard?). A couple thoughts: I'm so curious about your story and it makes me want to know a bit more. You allude to middle school so I became curious to know why exactly you happened upon this belief at that time? And I feel you ended the story a little abruptly. I want to know more about your philosophy! Don't be afraid to really go for it and state your beliefs clearly. This is what blogging as all about. Some people may not get it, and that's fine. Others will be inspired by what you share. Last, the podcast link didn't work. I would have enjoyed hearing your voice as well, probably just need to fix the link.

    ReplyDelete